Sunday, July 17, 2011

Review of "Maske: Thaery" by Jack Vance

Maske: ThaeryMaske: Thaery by Jack Vance


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


While I agree with with some other reviewers that Maske: Thaery is not one of Jack Vance's best books, this story of young Jubal Droad is still a good enjoyable coming of age adventure story, the type that Vance really seems to like writing.


I thought the culture of Thaery and the surrounding areas could have been a little bit more clearly explained, and that the book could have easily been a little longer, but as one of my goodreads.com friends who also read and reviewed the book remarked "even second rate Vance is fun to read." Thanks to Terrence for that wonderful quote, which I think pretty much sums up the literary gift that is author Jack Vance.




View all my reviews

No comments: