Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sometimes a Great Notion, by Ken Kesey

Sometimes a Great Notion Sometimes a Great Notion by Ken Kesey



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I first read this in the 1980's. It's a tough book to get into, took me two tries, but once I got into Kesey's way of telling the story I couldn't put the book down. It's still one of my all time favorite works of fiction, perhaps my no. 1 all time favorite work of fiction.

Be warned though, it takes some concentration to initially get into it. I still recommend to every friend who is a serious reader.

Set in the Pacific Northwest during a logging strike. Multiple character points of view told in first person, without warning as to when a POV changes. Still, once you get each main character's "voice" you should have little problem with the (sometimes abrupt) switches.

5 Stars.



View all my reviews >>

No comments: